Charle Peck is the co-creator of Thriving School Community, a revolutionary program designed for schools to improve mental health. With over 20 years of education and mental health leadership experience, she has the unique lens of both a certified teacher and a licensed clinical therapist specializing in trauma. Charle holds an MS in Education and an MS in Social Work. Her role as a high school teacher coupled with her work with children and families in crisis gives her incredible insight into solving youth mental health problems stemming from our schools. She is the co-author of Improving School Mental Health: The Thriving School Community Solution and a global keynote speaker delivering powerful messages of hope to educators.
- SEL is great, but it is not working after 20 years of inconsistent implementation.
- An incredibly effective tool to use with students is the path of possibilities excercise.
- The 9 skills in the book fit together like pieces of a puzzle, so they are not too overwhelming to learn and implement.
- People can stop feeling unstoppable once they are empowered.
- Social plasticity is one of the most important skills for improving mental health.
- While the skills in the book can be used in any order, they must all be used for the largest effect.
- Spend PD Days based on what teachers need at the time.
- We need to approach the mental health issue from a place of prevention instead of reacting to what already occurs.
SEEing to Lead Extras!
Like the content, want to be a guest, or know someone who would? Reach out to me on Twitter at @DrCSJones
Have you taken the time to order and read my latest book!
Seeing to Lead is filled with practical resources and personal stories to help you support, engage, and empower those you lead no matter your position!
Jimmy Casas said, "If you are a leader who is looking to support, engage and empower your staff, then SEEing to Lead, by Dr. Chris Jones, is a book you will want to pick up and read. Dr. Jones reminds us that building capacity and helping others achieve personal success is the key to elevating your organization and leaving a lasting impact."
Get your copy here! Don't forget to leave a rating and review for others. I would appreciate it!
We are all busy, often unsupported, and struggle to stay engaged! Here is a weekly resource that has something to support, engage, and empower you. Not to mention it saves you time by getting to the point! Increase your focus and become a better leader; no matter your position. Check it out here!
Get in touch to schedule me for a workshop or presentation!
Don't forget to hit the subscribe button on this podcast and leave a rating so others can benefit!